Smart Homeschool English (Ages 8-10) (Quarter 2)
This course integrates the five substrands of the language and literacy domains: listening, speaking, reading, writing, and viewing. While each lesson addresses the development of the various skills and competencies in all the language domains and strands, these expectations are crystallized by the communicative tasks and activities which the learners engage in. The learner-centered encounters are comprehensive and balanced, taking into account the learner’s multiple intelligences through appropriate pedagogical strategies such as differentiated instruction.
- Addresses the development of the language arts and literary, study, and research skills for lifelong learners
- Provides learner-centered communicative encounters for different abilities through task-based, cooperative learning, and HOTS-oriented techniques, as well as authentic and alternative assessments.
- Subscribes to the philosophy of the Interdisciplinary Approach, which integrates the language arts with the other areas of discipline in the curriculum.
- Employs formal and informal forms of assessment to screen and monitor progress and other performance assessment strategies ensuring evidence of “of-the-moment learning.”
- Reaches and challenges all types of learners through regular instructional intervention and technology-driven enrichment activities
The course is mapped to DepEd's English curriculum guide.
Learners will attend a series of TWENTY (20) sessions over the course of TEN (10) weeks. There will be two sessions per week.
Each session will last between forty minutes to one hour. Teaching will be conducted via Zoom or VSmart School, Vibal's online school platform, by Vibal's licensed professional teachers. Class size is between ten to fifteen students.
The course is meant for home-based learners who are looking for a supplemental quarterly academic program for their online and/or modular classes in formal schooling or homeschooling.
COURSE STARTS NOVEMBER 2020
This course will contain downloadable activity sheets and resource materials. Parents or guardians will be provided with the activity plan throughout the course.