Smart Homeschool Kinder (Age 5)
In this kindergarten course, learners will take daily classes in English, Math, Filipino, Science, and Values. The course is aligned to the curriculum guide for kindergarten by the Department of Education, which emphasizes the following learning outcomes:
1. Socio-Emotional Development (Pagpapaunlad ng Sosyo-Emosyunal at Kakayahang Makipamuhay) - Children are expected to develop emotional skills, basic concepts pertaining to her/himself, how to relate well with other people in his/her immediate environment, demonstrate awareness of one's social identity, and appreciate cultural diversity among the school, community, and other people.
2. Values Development (Kagandahang Asal) - Children are expected to show positive attitudes, self-concept, respect, concern for self and others, behave appropriately in various situations and places, manifest love of God, country, and fellowmen.
3. Physical Health & Motor Development (Kalusugang Pisikal at Pagpapaunlad sa Kakayahang Motor) - Children are expected to develop both their fine and gross motor skills to be efficient and effective movers when engaging in wholesome physical and health activities. They are also expected to acquire an understanding of good health habits and develop their awareness about the importance of safety and how they can prevent danger at home, in school, and in public places.
4. Aesthetic/Creative Development (Sining) – Children are expected to develop their aesthetic sense and creative expression through drawing, painting, and manipulative activities. Aesthetic development involves the love and pursuit of beauty in art, music, and movement, and creates opportunities for the creative expression of emotions, thoughts, feelings, and ideas.
5. Mathematics - Children are expected to understand and demonstrate knowledge, thinking skills, and insights into patterns of mathematics, concepts of numbers, length, capacity, mass, and time through the use of concrete objects or materials, and to apply these meaningfully in their daily experiences. Children are provided with varied manipulative activities to help them see relationships and interconnections in math and enable them to deal flexibly with mathematical ideas and concepts.
6. Understanding of the Physical and Natural Environment - Children are expected to demonstrate a basic understanding of concepts pertaining to living and nonliving things, including weather, and use these in categorizing things in his/her environment. They are also expected to acquire the essential skills and sustain their natural curiosity in their immediate environment through exploration, discovery,
observation, and relate their everyday experiences using their senses (touch, sight, smell, taste, and hearing).
7. Language, Literacy, and Communication - This domain provides opportunities on early literacy learning for self-expression through language using the mother tongue or the child’s first language. Children are expected to develop communicative skills in their first language. They are also expected to develop more positive attitudes toward reading, writing, and to view themselves as effective users and learners of language.
Here is the daily class schedule:
8:30AM - Circle Time
9AM-10AM - Lesson Time (Math, English, Filipino, Science, Values will rotate throughout the week)
10AM-11AM - Activity Time (Storytelling, games, interactive meeting time)
Each daily session will last 2.5 to 3 hours. Teaching will be conducted daily via Zoom or VSmart School, Vibal's online school platform, by Vibal's licensed professional teachers.
This course will contain downloadable activity sheets and resource materials. Parents or guardians will be provided with the activity plan throughout the course.
SCHEDULE: Daily from 8:30AM to 11AM from June 15, 2020 until August 21, 2020.